Macey and I went shopping this morning. Man was it hot! She was super and loved every minute (except a few objections to being put back in the car seat when we were going somewhere else). I have to say that some people are just rude, bitter, bah hum bug or something. We all know that Macey is the social butterfly and says hi and waves at everyone she sees. She puts on the biggest smile while she's greeting them. There are some people that just look at her and then look away, not even acknowledging her greeting. Today there was an older man (imagine grandpa) that was beyond rude (well, in my mind he was, but Macey is unaware). He was watching us as we walked up and Macey smiled, waved, and said hi and he just looked away with a old man disgruntled face. Ok, so I get that not everyone is a baby person, but at least fake it, she's only 14 months old! I know she's unaware, but I still feel like somehow that will diminish the little light she has burning, the one that makes her love to interact with people. I always tell her how nice that is to say hi to people, hoping to encourage her outgoing side (stranger discussion is a little ways away at this point). I know she'll eventually learn that not everyone is so nice and that she can't talk to everyone, but while she's learning and developing I want to keep her excited about everything. Such is the life of being a parent.
Shopping was a big excursion for me. I had to rest quite a bit, but mainly did it when we got back into the truck. I know I've said this a million times, but this pregnancy is completely different. I didn't really feel pregnant with Macey, well, obviously I "felt" pregnant, but not like this. I never got to the point with Macey where I couldn't bend over or where getting up and down was a task or to the point where I feel nauseated/sick at lot (and I'm talking about now, not in the 1st trimester). Nor did I ever get to the point where walking around was a task and if I did it a lot I would be tired and my back would be killing me. I'm definitely there plus some with this pregnancy.
Sean is doing great. Macey loves her daddy...and that's an understatement. She's his little shadow. In fact, the reason she got the scrape on her nose is because she was following him to the back yard and somehow fell and scraped her nose on the back patio. She can hear him grab the keys and she'll beat him to the door. They have so much fun together. They've already started wrestling. He'll be sitting on the floor and she'll run to him and "tackle" him and he'll lay out on the floor and she'll give him a big bear hug. It's like little girls are born knowing exactly how to melt Daddy's heart.
Next week should be pretty busy. It's my last full week of work (well Friday is a holiday) before my leave starts, so that means finishing up a lot of my projects. I've got an AMOMs (Austin Mother of Multiples) meeting Monday evening. I've got my weekly appointment as well as having to go get my blood drawn for my thyroid.
1 comment:
I love the names - so beautiful. Thanks for posting...I love hearing how everything's going. :)
Post a Comment