Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oh what a night...(warning more stomach virus discussion)

So around midnight last night I woke up not feeling so well. I had stomach cramps which turned into diarrhea (TMI, but oh well). Then for several hours I dealt with pretty constant contractions. I thought about going to the hospital since I didn't think it was possible for me to have another stomach virus and I wasn't feeling as blah as I did with the previous one. Around 3:30 or 4 this morning the contractions slowed down and I went to sleep. I did wake up a few more times after I went back to sleep and would have one or two contractions. I did have nausea as well, but no vomiting this time. I got up a little before 7am and slowly got ready for my doctor's appointment. I told him about my night. He checked my cervix and still closed...whew. I feel like a ticking time bomb this go around...since about 24 weeks I've had my cervix check weekly, and each time I cross my fingers that nothing has changed. Seems like I am the lucky one to have another stomach virus. I did go to work and worked all day.

Both of the babies were head up today at the doctor's appointment. Everything was great. He is running lab work for FN (I can't remember the word right now, fibro-something, but that's the abbreviation). If that chemical/hormone/or whatever is found then it is an indication that labor is likely to start in a few weeks or sooner.

No comments: