I went to the AMOM meeting last night. In our breakout group (expectant moms are grouped together), we talked about various baby/pregnancy items. I was the most pregnant of the group at 31 weeks. Well, there is another expectant that is around 34 weeks, but she's been in the hospital on bed rest because she was dilating and having contractions. She was actually released last night at 5-6cm dilated and 75% effaced, so she'll probably have her babies soon. At 34 weeks is when they will not actively stop labor. So I think I'm the most pregnant of the group that is not on bed rest or facing immediate delivery. There are 4 or 5 ladies that are right around my due date. One other lady was 30 weeks and there were some 29 and 27 weekers.
I got home around 10pm and both Sean and Macey were sleeping. Macey's getting her second top molar, so she's been having some "rough" days. Last night she didn't have a great night. She woke up around 10:30. Sean went in and rocked her and laid her back down. She went out for a short time, but was up again at 11. I went in this time and rocked her and then laid her down (she wasn't asleep). She finally went down around 11:20 or so, but only to be back up at 3am. I gave her Motrin and laid her in bed with us. She never went back to sleep. Finally around 5am I woke Sean up and asked him to take over so I could close my eyes for 30 minutes or so. Sean went to her room and tried to get her to go back down. He said she went to sleep for maybe 30 minutes. This is the first time her teeth have ever interrupted her sleep. She already has one molar on the top and she did have diarrhea and a little fussiness with that one, but that was the extent of her teething issues, this second one is really giving her some grief.
We saw Laura this morning. I found out last night that Laura is pregnant (a lot of the ladies in the group go to Laura and one of them mentioned it). So of course I said something to Laura this morning and she was beaming. This will be her first and they are having a boy. Everything was good with me and the babies. My uterus hadn't grown since last measured, so still at 37 weeks. She mentioned that I've reached a good point in the pregnancy. At 32 weeks is when 99% of babies are born without brain bleeds and at 31 weeks 97% are born without them. Hopefully I'll go much longer than 32 weeks or even 34 weeks. We're not ready for them to make their entrance. I barely just preregistered at the hospital, I just bought one pack of diapers for them last weekend (wow, that will last a day or two), I have not even packed a bag for the hospital and we are not prepared at the house for having 2 newborns (wow, really, we're going to have 2 newborns, that doesn't ever sink in) and frankly, I'm being selfish and just want to have some time to rest before they get here.
Next week we have our monthly growth ultrasound.
1 comment:
I can't believe you're 31 weeks already! That's amazing. I'm so sorry about the rough nights with Macey - sweet little girl. Doesn't it just make you feel awful to know they're hurting enough to keep them awake? Ouch.
Post a Comment