Monday, August 4, 2008

My little barking seal...

Macey's got croup. She doesn't really act like she's sick, but her little voice is very hoarse, her breathing is labored, and when she coughs you want throw a fish to her since she sounds so much like a seal. She's been sleeping well (watch tonight be a night were she doesn't sleep well), which has been surprising since with croup you expect their coughing "fits" to worsen at night. She's also cutting several teeth at the same time, so it was a "fun" weekend. We've been giving her Oragel and Motrin to try to help her out. Overall, she really was pretty good this weekend, she just had spurts of time where nothing was what she wanted, except to be held. She weighed 21 lbs 6 oz at the doctor today and that's was fully clothed and diapered, so she probably weighs around 20 lbs. The doctor gave her a prescription for some steroids to help reduce the vocal cord inflammation.

I've got my ultrasound and appointment with Laura tomorrow, then my OB appointment is on Wednesday. I'm suppose to fly out on Wednesday evening to Houston for training on Thursday and Friday. Maybe I should ask if I can travel at this point just to make sure, especially since I'm about the size of a full-term pregnancy.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I'm glad you got the sterroids - they are miracle drugs for croup. Hang in there - don't forget - hot moisture (steaming shower), then cold night air (You probably don't have any of that). That's the natural treatment for croup. I hope she gets better soon, croup is so scary! You NEED to post a PICTURE of that full-term belly!!! :)