Thursday, October 9, 2008

Last OB visit

We made it to our last OB visit. Everyone at the perinatal office yesterday kept saying, "you graduated" since we made it to the last visit. So I guess we've graduated again. I asked my OB if we got the award for making it the longest. We all laughed and he agreed that I should get the award. There are a handful of women in AMOM that have the same OB as me. He's also a fertility specialist, although we didn't need him for that. Of the women that are pregnant with me and have the same OB I'm the only one that hasn't had to go on bed rest. One has been in the hospital on bed rest for 3 months (she's having triplet girls), one delivered her babies last weekend at 35 weeks, and the other one is in the hospital on bed rest and trying to make it past 28 weeks. All of them had fertility issues and are having multiples due to that. I guess I was just made to have and carry twins. The receptionist at the OB office asked if this was the last round for us. Sean had just brought up that question in the car on the way to the office. We'll leave it up in the air, but I've lately had feelings of "this is the last pregnancy", so we'll see. Having one set of multiples increases your odds of having another set...not sure if we want to play those odds.

Miles was head down and Camryn had turned head down (I'm foolishly hoping that her moving around so much doesn't equate to Macey's temperament and I'll have 2 laid back babies...one can dream, right?). I'm measuring at 43cm and still 1cm dilated. If this growth keeps up I'll be 45cm by the time I deliver them next week. We'll have to really appreciate the time we have in this next week and get out of the house as much as possible. I'm not nervous about having the babies and not nervous (yet) about having surgery again. I'll probably be really nervous the day before and of the surgery, just because I know what I'm in for as far as pain and recovery goes. As far as having the babies goes, I've just tried to mentally prepare myself for the fatigue.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I should say you are made for multiples. It is really amazing how well you're doing. I can't wait to meet the babies!!! It still seems crazy to me that there are 2. I hope everything goes well next week - you know you'll have a lot of people praying for you.