Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Twin appointment

The appointment went great. Everything is normal, heartbeats, blood pressure, weight, etc. We went over again the things I should and should not be doing. I'm still trying to figure it all out since currently I feel like I can do a lot (even given the low energy), but they keep telling me that it will not be long before I won't feel like doing much at all. We also went over nutrition and the amount iron, calcium, protein, and fiber that I should be getting. After hearing how much and looking at the amounts in certain foods, I feel like I should be eating non-stop. I need to start taking an iron supplement (oh joy!) again.

The post from yesterday about being bigger than 28 weeks was correct. I'm measuring at 30 weeks, they still use the same measurement scale for twin pregnancy as they do for a singleton. Wow. That means that my uterus size is 7 weeks ahead of where the pregnancy actually is (23 weeks). She said that 30 weeks is what she would expect and feels that she did an incorrect measurement last week since she measured me at 26 weeks. It really does seem like I'll be full term size in a few weeks now.

No comments: