Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July and another appt

Our 4th was laid back. We didn't go watch fireworks anywhere, other than sitting in our front yard and watching them go off. Nothing much to report other than we enjoyed the holiday and I'm dreading going back to work tomorrow. We did finally get Macey a toddler car seat and she road in it for the first time this morning. Not a big deal, but just weird to turn around and see a little person facing you now.

We had another appointment this morning. This time we got a sonogram as well as all of the other routine checks. Both babies are about the same size, one measured 1lb 5oz and the other was 1lb 6oz, so tracking perfectly. The ultrasound tech was kind of speedy at her measurements so we didn't get to see the babies as much as we'd like. The last time we had a different ultrasound tech and she was great about letting me enjoy watching the babies. Hopefully we'll get the slower one at next month's sonogram appointment.

After the appointment I met a friend and her son at the Children's Museum. The Museum holds a program for the younger kids (3 and under) on Monday mornings. Macey had a blast. She loved climbing the little slide and going down it, playing with the golf balls, playing with the trucks and fake dirt, and just running around the place. I had to keep her off the babies as she just wanted to go to each one and give them a kiss. Macey woke up early this morning (6am) and she was still going after noon today. I knew once I got her in the car from the Museum she'd be asleep. We didn't even make it out of downtown before she was out. She took a great 2 hour nap which gave me a chance to rest as well. I was quite exhausted from chasing her around at the Museum. I wish I had more energy to run around with her; her brother and sister are zapping all my energy from me. One day I'll be able to chase them all around.


The babes have started to move around more in the evenings. At last week's appointment the nurse told me that it is normal for them not to reach a singleton's activity until later and she said that many moms haven't felt their babies move by 23 weeks.

I'm counting down the days until I get to take off work....I'd be nice if the babies came around mid-October because that means I'd get 6 weeks off prior to their arrival. I'm going to need to rest. I say that now, but I know I'll be miserable by that time after surviving a hot Texas Summer pregnant with twins.

No comments: