Monday, June 2, 2008

Busy weekend

Macey and I flew out early Thursday morning to Houston. Macey did really well on the plane. No crying. She did get a little restless (who doesn't), but not to the point of screaming. She talked to the people in our row and tried to talk to the other rows. People were really helpful with getting my stuff on the plane and helping me to get off.

Macey loved seeing all her cousins. She had to kiss the babies multiple times and didn't like when any of them were upset. She has a cousin that is about 17 months older than her and she LOVED playing with him. He would run in circles around her and she would just crack up. She had a rough time with staying on her schedule of napping. She was having so much fun with her cousins that she didn't want to lay down, regardless of how tired she may have been. She finally took a couple of great naps on Saturday and then slept almost the entire ride home on Sunday (Sean joined us on Saturday and we drove back on Sunday).

My brother's graduation was on Saturday evening. It is a small school, so it wasn't so long. Macey didn't like the fog horn noises or the loud screaming when it was a group close to us. We saw my brother graduate, then we headed out of the stands shortly thereafter. Macey finally went to sleep in my arms holding her up against me and one hand over her other ear, but it was incredibly hot and uncomfortable (we were in the football stands).

She and I are both battling something. She started with a runny nose yesterday and a little coughing. I woke up around 11pm last night with my eyes burning and watering and then today isn't any better. My head is foggy, eyes are puffy feeling, can't breathe, just general icky feeling. I had to force myself out of the bed around 8am this morning. Neither Macey or I slept well last night. She doesn't seem to have any other symptoms besides the runny nose.

Macey was really clingy yesterday, but I think it was because she was tired and ready to get home. She was a different baby yesterday evening and this morning. We are all glad to be back home.

2 comments:

Joy said...

That's so great you could be there for your brother. I hope you and Macey start feeling better SOON.

Julie said...

I'm glad you got to go. I definitely would not choose to have an outdoor graduation in Houston at the end of May. That's just asking for trouble. Whew! Talk to you soon.