Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Long weekend

We enjoyed a long 4 day weekend despite the scorching hot temperatures. Macey and I enjoyed shopping on Friday. She was really good even though she was suppose to be napping. She did go to sleep in her stroller, but only took a cat nap. She was funny in the store, talking to every kid or person she saw and yelling "hi/hey" to everyone to try to get their attention.

Saturday was not that relaxing as I spent most of the day washing clothes, mopping, cleaning, etc. Fun, fun. And Sean was doing yard work. We got several bushes to plant in the back yard as well as stones to lay down to extend the patio. We also got paint. All of this on top of Sean trying to complete the fence repairs. We also went to a kiddie birthday party Saturday evening. There was a petting zoo and a pony to ride. Macey started making dog noises when she saw the baby goats....they did look like dogs. She enjoyed the animals and even rode the pony twice. She kept saying "ooooo" when we'd get close to the pony. She sat on there like a pro (I, of course, walked along side them and held her on). Sean wasn't out there for the first one and I told them to tell me if he was coming so I could be prepared (he tends to be a little more protective when it comes to things like that). He was okay with her riding the pony as long as I walked beside her, he wasn't going to do it because he wasn't having any part of it. So basically if it was just him and Macey she wouldn't be riding the pony because "not on his watch" will anything happen to her. She enjoyed talking to another baby there and trying to play with some of the older kids. There was a kiddie tent inside the house that she loved playing in. She'd go in one side and crawl over to another entrance and just look out.

Sunday and Monday were much of the same...Sean in the yard, me finishing the house work, Macey being Macey. Macey got her first major "goose-egg" on Sunday morning. She's pretty tough and was fine within a few minutes. She was sitting on the floor drinking a bottle while I took a shower and she fell back and hit the edge of the base board. I heard the loud thud and knew it was going to be a biggie. We watched her for any signs of a concussion, and she didn't have any. This morning she was going nuts with walking. She's walking more and more each day. My guess is that she'll probably be more stable and proficient by the end of this week, but we shall see.

It's tougher and tougher for me to do anything (hence the 3 days of laundry, cleaning, etc.). I get tired quickly. Even walking through Home Depot this weekend I had to sit down. I was getting dizzy and tired. And the allergies/pregnancy related nose congestion, sneezing, irritated eyes thing is getting old. I'm trying to enjoy this pregnancy more than I did Macey's since I know that once I have the babies I'll miss being pregnant. I don't remember ever feeling this way with Macey, but maybe I blocked it all out. The major "complaint" I had when I was pregnant with Macey was the swelling...I may be stupidly hoping that I won't have swelling with this pregnancy. I was in the 3rd trimester with Macey when the swelling appeared and stayed until sometime after delivery. Other than that everything seems to be moving along and quite quickly. At the most I have about 4 1/2 months left...so I'm about midday through this incredible journey of carrying twins. When I think about it, it just feels like the other day that I found out I was having twins. I remember everything about that doctor's visit. And that first glance at the ultrasound screen showing the two of them is a picture I'll never forget. Their movements haven't become constant yet. I'm hoping that it stays that way since we all know that Macey was not so still and her personality and behavior go right along with that. Three kids with Macey's tenacity and personality would surely be a handful.

No comments: