I'm happy to say that the nausea has passed, but most of the other pregnancy "side-effects" are still around and more have joined the "party". I still get headaches and almost daily. I'm still really tired, which I'm sure that having another child to take care of is the main reason this side effect has lingered (and maybe the fact that I have double the load to carry). I've also developed breathlessness and heavy breathing. I didn't ever get these symptoms with Macey. I never had a hard time going up and down the stairs when I was pregnant with Macey. I can still do that now, but I just get breathless. I also have heavy breathing when I'm just sitting. My best description would be when you are at the movie theater and all you can hear is the guy behind you breathing heavily. I'm that person. I guess I'll avoid packed movie theaters to avoid annoying the people around me. I have the typical pregnant stuffy nose. This is another side-effect that wasn't as prevalent with Macey. I had a lot of round ligament pain at the beginning of this pregnancy, but this has since subsided and only occurs occasionally. And itching, wow, I know for a fact I didn't have any of that with Macey. It has gotten better, but every night and morning my legs would be so itchy. Now it is only occasionally. I thought at some point I was going to scratch the skin off my legs. Carrying twins is definitely different than carrying one baby. I feel very honored to have been chosen to take on this task, even if it does mean our house will be hectic for while after they arrive.
I have been feeling for a few weeks a few movements here and there, but only on the left side. I don't know if that means we'll have another girl like Macey (she was quite the mover) since the girl is on the left side or if the left side is just more sensitive because that was the side Macey was on so she already "broke" that side in. We shall see as the weeks progress. It would be quite interesting if both of the girls had the same boisterous personality and the boy was laid back.
1 comment:
Michelle - I love reading your updates. That storm sounds CRAAAAAZY. I'm so glad you, Sean, Macey and your babies are all safe. That is so scary.
It's fun to read about Macey's milestones, and to catch up on the pregnancy. My cousin had twins last week. They ended up both breech, and she got toxic, so they took them via C-section. One was 4 lbs 3 oz, one was 4lbs 9 oz. So little! One is still on oxygen, but they are going to be just fine. Isn't that exciting?
Post a Comment