We went to the perinatal specialist appointment this morning. They did ultrasound evaluations on both babies and both appear to be doing well. It is still a little early to evaluate all of the anatomy, but they did measure quite a bit (the heart, femur, head, belly, blood flow and probably more that I couldn't tell).
The ultrasound tech as well as the doctor (both performed an ultrasound) said that the baby on the right is a boy and the baby on the left is a girl. I'm only 16 weeks along, so it is an early prediction, but you could definitely tell the contrast having 2 babies to compare to. So we'll see.
The doctor also noted that one placenta is laying really low (on top of the cervix), which could develop into placenta previa if it doesn't correct itself. I had the exact same thing with Macey, which was accompanied with spotting. It did correct itself with Macey. I haven't had any spotting with this pregnancy, but was told that if I do to contact the doctor immediately. Hopefully this will correct itself as it did with Macey.
I go back to the perinatal group in a month for another ultrasound. Then the twin program starts a few weeks after that. With the twin program I'll go to the perinatal specialist every week. So it looks like after 22 weeks I'll be going for appointments quite often.
Macey was really good at the doctor's appointment. She's turned into a little mama's girl, but just recently (I'd say within the last week). She had a minor meltdown when we got to the appointment and I needed to go to the bathroom. She didn't like that I left her, but she did well in the ultrasound room while Sean held her. They have lots of pictures of babies up on their wall where you make appointments and she kept saying "baby" over and over again. She likes to give kisses to the pictures of babies. While we were waiting for all the appointments to be scheduled, Macey started acting silly and was making faces at one of the nurses and blowing raspberries. She's an entertainer. She's really become a little mimic. While we were getting ready this morning, she picked up a phone and held it at her ear with her shoulder up and was talking and talking. It's fun just to listen to her combine sounds and talk in her own language.
1 comment:
Michelle - that is so exciting - a boy & a girl - wow!!! 16 weeks; I can't believe it. It's amazing. You sound good, are you nauseated or tired or anything? I'm thinking of you and I love your updates.
Post a Comment