Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fun and Happy Father's Day

We went to Schlitterbahn yesterday. The company my dad works for has a family outing every year at Schlitterbahn. They charter buses and make it a whole day event. We missed it last year because it was on the weekend that Macey was due. Macey loved it. She loved floating around the lazy river and playing in the kiddie pool area. She thought she could just walk wherever she wanted. She said hi to everyone she could and was in awe of all the water and fun. We were all exhausted by the time we got home.

Speaking of saying hi to everyone...I went shopping with Macey on Friday. She loves sitting in her stroller while we are going since she gets to see so much, but once we stop to look at clothes, there's only a small window before she gets restless. Once we are stopped, I'm constantly having to tell her to sit down (yes, she's strapped in, but she figures out a way to get herself and the strap in a semi-standing position). She, of course, said hi to anyone that would listen. While we were at Gap there was another baby in a stroller and Macey was saying hi (multiple times). This baby wasn't really into talking to other babies and kind of just sat in her stroller. Come to find out that baby is the same age as Macey. Macey was constantly trying to talk to her and tell her hi. Once they did move on I had an "ah ha" moment. I said to myself, so that's what a having a laid back kid is like. I'm so used to the live wire we have, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She keeps it entertaining. I can also say that having such a live wire has meant that when you say, "yeah, she says hi, thank you, bye, momma, daddy, baby, hot...." she isn't shy about saying them. I can call someone on the phone and say, "Say hi to Nana", and of course Macey chimes in with "hi". Or I can say, "did you tell Daddy what Harley says?," and Macey makes her panting dog noise. She also does a "ruff" noise, but I think she likes doing the panting better. Macey pretty much attempts to say anything.

Macey's been walking and walking. We love watching her go. She's made a game out of walking over to us while we are sitting on the couch and then walking over to the bottom step and sitting on it. She'll go back and forth several times. She seems to have a conversation with herself while sitting on the bottom step. She walks just to walk. I can see why, after being on the ground for so long, it has to be nice to use your feet for what they were designed for.

Macey gave Sean his Father's Day card this morning. I helped her write her name on the card. Most of the markings got on the card, with a few on her leg. She handed it to him like a pro, I was impressed. Sean had me check on his son and daughter-to-be this morning (I have a doppler heart rate monitor like doctors have). Both of them had great heartbeats.

I got to spend yesterday with my dad so that was a great Father's Day. I'm glad to have been able to see him this Father's day weekend and enjoy the day at Schlitterbahn. My dad is funny, smart, outgoing and laid back. We always are laughing about something when we get together and my dad is usually the instigator.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Happy Father's Day to Sean! Next year will be a crazy one, won't it? :-)