Sunday, June 29, 2008

Exhausted

We had a another busy weekend. Every year a group of my friends from high school try to get together for a girls weekend getaway. This weekend was our planned weekend. We're getting busier and busier as all of us have kids now, so instead of planning a weekend in another city with spa, shopping, etc., we planned a weekend in our home town. On Saturday we hung out at one of my friend's parent's house since they have a pool. We brought all of our kids to the pool to have fun. It was lots of fun to see all of the kids and hang out at the pool. We left the pool around 1pm and then met back up around 6:30 without the kids to go to dinner. We had a blast. They stuck us at the back of the restaurant in a room that was separated from the main dining area, which was a good thing. We laughed so hard and loud we would've been a spectacle. We ordered several things and just ate family style. We left the restaurant a little before 11. It was well worth it, but very tiring. I hadn't slept at all Friday night (maybe an hour of sleep) so I was exhausted. I don't know what was the deal with sleeping on Friday. I just couldn't get to a good sound sleep. I finally got out of bed around 3 and was up until after midnight on Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep in this morning, so it's made the exhaustion a little worse.

As you can see I haven't been great about following the resting 1 hour at lunch and resting 2 hours around dinner. I really should be following their instructions. On Saturday I had a ton of Braxton-Hicks contractions and they were pretty consistent while I was being active. I know that they are completely normal although I didn't have as many with Macey, but you tend to pay more attention to what is going on when you've been put on notice of things you should watch for.

Macey had a blast hanging out with her cousins. She loved running around after them and playing with them. She got to swing with Pawpaw, run around with Jaden, play with the girls, ride in a riding lawn mower pulled wagon with all the rest of the kids (in the wagon was Madison (8), Ashlyn (4), Jaden (2), Macey (1), Mason (7 months), Morgan (6 1/2 months), and Aunt Juli to supervise). She slept the entire ride back home since she didn't slow down very much this weekend to take good naps. She went out around 8 tonight and I'm hoping she'll sleep in tomorrow since she's back in her bed.

All around we enjoyed our weekend, but now we need another weekend just to rest.

No comments: