Thursday, January 22, 2009

Singing, talking, screaming...

Macey has become our little concert performer. She made up a song last weekend (Oh Be Da Ba is what she called it) and performed it over and over while dancing around the room. We cheered for her each time she finished singing, which of course prompted an encore performance. She's now adapted her song to one note screamed...er, I mean...sung really loud (so loud her little vein in her neck pops out). Some days I think I'm dealing with a teenager with all the drama she can display. Besides the high energy singing performances, we also get screaming and running to a room and shutting the door behind her. These types of dramatic performances are usually triggered by hearing the word "no" or because of not being responded to immediately after she asked for something. Don't we all feel like that sometimes...

Miles, on the other hand, talks pretty much nonstop. He even talks when he's eating. Anything to get attention. Which I truly think is the case for him. He thinks he needs to be the center of attention at all times. I don't remember Macey being this vocal at 3 months and she's a little chatter box now...if Miles continues on this path of talking all the time he really will be EXACTLY like his dad. He also thinks that after he wakes for that early morning feeding he only needs to sleep in his bed for another hour, then he needs to lay by me in order to sleep (okay, so maybe I perpetuate this one, but at least I'm getting another hour or so of sleep and when you have two babies at once you have to seize every moment you can get to spend one on one time with each one).

Camryn has found her niche in squealing/screaming. I am not joking when I say that the squeals that come out of her could break glass. I seriously cannot believe sounds like that are coming from something so small. She can hold her own in a scream-off with Macey. Macey wasn't a squealer and didn't start doing the high pitched squealing (you know, the excited girl squeal) until she was much older (closer to a year). She also has a "fear" of Macey (not sure if fear is the right word). The other day I was letting Macey hold the babies and every time I'd put Camryn in Macey's lap, Camryn would start screaming (not crying, but screaming) and making a distressed face. I couldn't help but laugh.

Sean and I are amazed at the personalities of each of our children and couldn't be any prouder of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Hilarious - We need to take video of these "events" and sell 'em or turn them in to America's Funniest Home Videos...