Saturday, January 3, 2009

Checking in

We're still around and juggling babies and chasing a toddler. Sean has taken over the new camera so this will be a boring picture-less post.

We've enjoyed spending time with family and friends over the holidays. Travelling with the kid mix that we have is not ideal especially this year, but worth it to be able to share our kids with everyone.

Miles and Camryn are doing well. Miles loves to talk and talk loud. Camryn is soft spoken, except when she gets excited then she's a squealer. Both babies are sleeping well. They still go out around 7pm or 8pm and wake up around 2-4am (mostly 3am). The past couple of days they've been sleeping until 5am and 6am...we'll see how long that lasts. They'll eat at that time then go back out for another 3 or 4 hours, then it's wake up time. They haven't been the greatest at taking naps. Some days they'll do a 2 hour marathon nap together, but most days they don't nap very long or nap at the same time. I'm not complaining because sleeping so much at night means less sleep during the day which I love. I hope they keep up the great night sleeping. They both enjoy their baths every evening. Miles sits back and enjoys it while Camryn becomes a little wiggle worm.

Sean finally bought into the bedtime routine that I instituted which means that he can now put Macey down for the night with no screaming. Nap time is a different story, even I cannot put her down without her screaming. She just doesn't want to slow down during the day and rest. She'll go to sleep, but she definitely protests nap time. The other day she decided that she didn't need to sleep during nap time. She wasn't crying, but she'd periodically yell "Mommy...Daaaad". I told Sean that nap time is at least an hour, what she does in that hour is up to her. If she chooses not to sleep, so be it, but she needs the rest (and so do I). I came up to watch her on the monitor when she wouldn't go to sleep. I had to laugh at her. She wasn't upset, just wasn't going to sleep. She was playing with her blanket, putting it over the side of the crib, and just doing anything to stay busy enough not to fall asleep.

I'll try to wrangle the camera long enough from Sean to download/take some pictures of the babies.

No comments: