Friday, January 23, 2009

Moments

Miles had an appointment this morning for his "growing" skin rash. His baby acne got better, but then it seemed to return with a vengeance, but only on his forehead. He is rubbing and scratching at it all the time. Plus he has developed a rash on his arms, legs, and chest. It's not a red rash..more like dry skin. He had been scratching at that as well. I figured it was just eczema. I'm not sure what the pedi diagnosed it as since I didn't take him. She gave Sean written instructions (glad she did, otherwise I'd have no idea what to do). Miles weighed 11lbs at this visit. Sean took Macey with him to the doctor's visit, so it was just me and Camryn left at home. I was reminded how easy it is to just have one baby and it was way too quiet.

This afternoon I was playing with the kids in Macey's room. Macey got one of her baby dolls, then I put it in a burrito wrap with a blanket. I got distracted trying to comfort Miles and the next time I look up Macey had gotten into the rocking chair. She had her baby doll laying beside her and was reading "Goodnight Moon" (which is one of the books I read to her every night for bedtime). This evening as I was loading the dishwasher and Sean was making Macey dinner, Macey decided to get into the clothes that I had just folded (she loves to "help" out). She went straight to the pile of my folded underwear. When I looked back over at her she had about five pairs up her legs and was trying to put on more. These are the moments that make you forget about the screaming, running to her room and shutting the door behind her moments.

1 comment:

Joy said...

OOOOh, I hope Miles is OK. The underwear story is priceless. Thanks for sharing.