Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bedtime routine

So I've written previously how I handle 3 kids under 2 by myself for bedtime (and a really good blogger links you back to that blog, but really, do you want to read that again...). We still have that same routine, but I thought I'd share some of the moments during our bedtime routine.

Bath time with Macey is always an adventure. She loves to soap up, so much so that the bathtub gets to get soaped up as well. She also has some sort of game she plays that involves sticking half of her head under the water (just the side of her head). I'm not sure what that game does, but she plays it often. After bath time I rub her down with lotion, but not without her help. She always wants me to put some of it on her hands and she will rub her tummy down with it and often it ends up being rubbed into her face and hair.

After reading to her I rock her, but not to sleep. While I rock her I sing to her and most of the time it's some made up song about how much I love her and about bedtime. She chimes in and sings right along with me. I love it and melt every time she does it. I just want to stop singing and listen to her sing. Our own little made up night time song. Her in her made up language with a few real words thrown in and me in my made up tune with lots of love thrown in.

Our bedtime routine gets a little altered when Sean is here to help out. Sean and Macey have a different routine, however their routine involves Sean and Macey falling asleep in the rocking chair and then once she's laid down she screams, which she never does when it's just her and I. So we now say bye to Daddy and watch him walk out the front door and then go on with our routine. As we head upstairs Sean comes back in. If Macey knows Daddy is here, then she will scream and scream when I lay her down. Oh how we lie...I mean trick our kids. So far that trick has worked.

No comments: