On Saturday we went to the Lifetime Fitness outdoor swimming pool. That was the first time Macey got to go swimming. She's a little fish. This pool has a beach entry and a few small water fountains at the beach entry. Sean sat with Macey by the fountains and she loved it. She doesn't get bothered by water in her face at bath time, so I figured she would love the swimming pool. She was crawling around the pool and splashing and splashing.
At one point I went to the bathroom. When I came back Sean was over by the lifeguard holding Macey. He talks to anyone, so I just figured he was over there conversing. When he saw me, he immediately started walking towards me and said, "check Macey out and make sure she's okay." I looked at her, she was just hanging out, and said, "yeah, she's fine." Sean then tells me what happened. He was laying down in the beach entry and Macey was walking around him. She got to the spot behind his head and slipped. She took in some water, but she didn't go completely under as her hair was not completely wet. Sean was so frightened by the event that he took her to the lifeguard and was telling the lifeguard, "do something". The lifeguard looked at Macey and said, "she's fine, she's breathing." He's such a sweet dad. He doesn't want anything to happen to his baby girl. I had to laugh though. I would've never imagined Sean to be such an overprotective dad. Even though some of his reactions and antics with Macey do not make sense to me and are sometimes things that I would never think of, I love him even more for them. The love and tenderness he shows for Macey makes me love him even more, if that's even possible.
My next doctor's appointment is May 8, and my next appointment with the perinatal group is May 12.
1 comment:
I love that story - how sweet. That's why Heaven is sending you twins...you're such fantastic parents!
Post a Comment