Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Broke the news

We finally told everyone that we are going to have twins. I'm twelve weeks today. It was fun for the excitement to be stirred up again and see the reaction of people hearing about the twins. We went last Thursday to the doctor and heard the heartbeats for the first time. Both of them were very strong (in the 160s). We went on Monday to the perinatal specialist group for the first screen, an ultrasound screening. Sean got to see them for the first time and I'd call this my first time seeing them as well since the first ultrasound they didn't really look very recognizable as human babies yet. Baby A had his/her hand in/by her mouth the whole time. Baby B was moving her/his legs around. We go to the perinatal specialist group every 4 weeks, up until a certain point in the pregnancy. That's in addition to going to my OB every 4 weeks.

Macey went with us to both appointments. She was quiet and still last week, but this week she decided that this sitting and waiting business wasn't for her. We did have to wait a little longer this week, so that gave her enough time for the "newness" of the environment to wear off and for her to get restless. She went out in the car after both appointments as they were both early morning appointments.

Macey's been pulling up and cruising around the furniture for a while now. We believe she's going to be one of those fearless kids as she will try to do anything. She puts her face in the water when taking a bath, wants to climb on anything, etc. She waves bye-bye and says bye-bye. Her frequent word choice is "ooh". She says "ooh" when she sees another child, expressing her excitement, when she sees the dogs, or when you ask her a question. She likes to sing "da da da da" and momma is used sparingly (how it usually is). She's got quite the imagination as she will play with her toys and seem to hold a conversation with them. She definitely talks jibberish. She still growls and will try to mimic any other kind of noise you make. She's an overall busy body. I claim she's got her daddy's personality as she is loud for no reason and just very boisterous. We enjoy her, can you tell?

4 comments:

Joy said...

Michelle - I'm so glad you started a blog!!! Now I can keep good track of you and all those babies across the miles. YEAH! Hello to Sean, too. I was looking at fish tanks yesterday..... :)

Anonymous said...

So how did everyone take the news??? I'm confident in both you and Sean to be wonderful at handling 3 babies under the age of 15 or 16 months. I'm excited for you both and of course a little for me too, being Nana. Love you all.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm with Joy! Yeah for the new website. We're all about blogs these days. That's how we keep in touch over the miles.

Michelle, I don't know how you're doing it. I wake up most mornings thinking about you being pregnant with twins and I'm not even the one pregnant. You are a great, strong woman who will be a wonderful mother to 2 more little ones. Thanks for sharing the news!

Julie said...

Funny thought...I remember that your old website for Macey had a spot that said "Number of Babies" which, of course, you filled out as one. I always thought that was a rather useless item since most people would have one. Well, apparently, it was needed for the Hardemans!