Wednesday, June 17, 2009

2 and a mind of her own...

Clothes, shoes, hair bows. All things that Macey has an opinion on. Some of her decisions are quite funny. One day she wanted to wear a pair of overalls. These overalls were a size 12M, the buckles were broke (Sean taped them to make them latch), and she didn't want to wear a shirt underneath them. Uh, yes, she wore them, even went out of the house with that on. Another day she wanted to wear three hair bows in her hair. I put them in her hair, but was able to get 2 of them out before we left the house. She's also wanted to wear socks with sandals and she did. She's fallen in love with the one pair of footed pj's she owns. Which is funny because she wouldn't wear them up until recently because she didn't like her feet to be trapped in. Now she refers to them as "stuck". Just tonight I put her in a pair of pj's, sat down to read to her, and she indicated she wanted to pick out her pj's. So she changed into her "backpack" night gown (Dora=backpack).

Oh "stuck". One of Macey's favorite words. It's kinda funny how she learned it. One morning months ago I was getting ready and Macey brought me a roll of tape. I decided to be silly and stuck a piece of it on the bottom of my foot. I lifted my foot, hopped up and down, and said "it's stuck." She laughed and laughed. It made me laugh. From that day on she correctly used stuck (said with an emphasis on the "u").

2 comments:

Miranda and Roger said...

i love seeing kid outfits out and about. like too-toos and rainboots. love it!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Max wear footy pajamas? :)
Aunt Shannon