Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No sleep

You'd think I'd now write about how Miles/Camryn woke up around the clock, but uh, NO. Macey decided that she didn't need to sleep last night. She went to bed fine, fell asleep fine, but then around 1am (maybe an hour after I'd gone to bed) she started crying. Macey still cries in her sleep, so I thought nothing of it and she seemed to go back to sleep. But then around 3am I look at the monitor and Macey is jumping in her crib and talking. So at that time I had to go check on her to make sure she was okay. And yep, she was fine. Being lazy and tired I decided to bring her into the bed with us. Bad IDEA! I mistakenly thought that she'd have no problems falling asleep with us since she spent almost her entire first year sleeping with us. Whatever the extreme opposite of sleep is, she did. Finally in shear exhaustion I asked Sean if he could take her and deal with her. They went downstairs. I was about to fall back asleep and I hear Macey back in our room. The next thing I know she's on my side of the bed yelling "Momma". Long story short I finally get her down around 6am, just in time for me to lay my head down for another hour since the babies wake up around 7am. There's always a silver lining in every story and I can say that I was able to spend some needed one on one time with my little girl rubbing her back, reading to her, and singing to her even if that meant I sacrificed my sleep. There will be plenty of years of sleeping for me, but I won't always get to have such sweet moments with my Macey.

In other news, I donated my hair to Locks of Love today. Back to short hair for me. It got too high maintenance for me. Long hair takes too long to dry, too long to wash, too long to brush out. It's so short that the hair at the lowest part of my neck (so the underneath hair) is not even an inch long...uh, the girl used a razor...it's short.

No comments: