Thursday, September 25, 2008

D-day is scheduled

We had our weekly OB appointment today. The babies are doing well and moving around. On Tuesday Miles was head down and Camryn was laying transverse on top (so right under my ribs). Today both of them are head down. I had a trace amount of protein in my urine, but nothing to be concerned about. The doctor didn't measure my stomach and didn't say if I was dilated or more effaced, so nothing to report on that end. He asked me when I wanted to have these babies so we got a date put on the calendar. October 15 at 9:30am...so the c section is now scheduled...3 weeks to go.

The nurse that was checking me in (doing blood pressure, weight, etc) made a comment to Sean while I was in the bathroom. She said I was too skinny to be having twins. Skinny? LOL. Well, maybe I don't look like I'm having twins, but skinny is too kind...but it did make me feel a little better about how huge my stomach is. I guess with my large bone structure I carry "weight" well. One lady in the AMOM (Austin Mother of Multiples) group that had her babies 5 months ago told me she measured at 53cm right before she had the babies. I don't think I'll make it to the 50's, but who knows.

4 comments:

Joy said...

That IS a complement! Wow. I'm glad everything is going smoothly...they're going to be deadline babies, eh? :0 Hang in there - I'm thinking of you!

Cochran Family said...

I have to say, you DO look pretty awesome for being pregnant with twins! I looked like a whale with both of my pregnancies with ONE baby!

Julie said...

Wow! It probably seems weird to have a date scheduled. I'm betting that they decide to show up earlier than that, but maybe they'll be stubborn like Macey. :)

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU KIDDING? OCTOBER 11TH!!!! YOU KNOW THAT IS THE GREATEST DAY EVER! heehee... October 15th is great too, I guess. :) just kidding! Can't wait to see their pictures. Love you! Tara

- PS - HAPPY SLIGHTLY LATE BIRTHDAY! heehee...