Today was my last appointment with Laura, but I'll still get to run into her when I go to do the non-stress tests at the perinatal specialist office (and I still have one more growth ultrasound scheduled for October 1). I'm still about 50% effaced and closed, however this week she measured my uterus at about 41 cm...wow, that's about a 3 cm jump from last week. I've made it to another milestone week. If I was to go into labor, they would likely not stop the contractions since the babies can breathe on their own. However, they'd likely have a stay in the NICU if they were born now. Two more weeks and no NICU stays.
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my OB. I'll see him every week from here on out.
I'm physically drained and there is so much I need to do around the house. The babies' room is not even ready, or close to being ready. I haven't packed a bag for the hospital, nor do I have the car seats installed (it would help if I had both car seats).
Just in case anyone was wondering, I'll be delivering these babies at St. David's Hospital on 32nd Street in Austin.
2 comments:
Hi Michelle! I've been following your blog for a while now. I am amazed that you've been able to make it this far in your pregnancy! I only made it to 30 and 34 weeks with my son and daughter, respectively. So it is so awesome that you've been able to carry your babies this far! I also had my daughter, Ainsley, at St. David's! Obviously that wasn't in the plan, since we live in Bryan. We had gone on a trip to Horseshoe Bay when I went into labor and ended up having her in Austin. We loved the hospital and knew we were in great hands there. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Julie had her babies at St. David's, too. I can only imagine how tired you are. I wish I were there to come and clean your house for you! (You know I would!!!). I am coming at the end of October and I'm looking forward to meeting your 2 little ones!!! :)
Post a Comment