I'm very delinquent in posting anything about the Hardeman Bunch. Here's a brief synopsis.
We're busy....
Okay, I'll expound.
The kids are doing well. Macey is our little momma. She enforces the rules. She'll even tell me when I need to get back in the kitchen with my drink. She also alerts me when one of the others is doing something he/she shouldn't be. "Momma, come here...." She still is my little people person; always concerned about other people and what they are doing. Her favorite color is purple and she loves to wear dresses. In fact I can't get her to wear anything but dresses. She also tells me how she wants her hair when I fix it. She's my little pack rat as well. She'll pack away a bunch of toys and it drives me insane! I think she knows it too. I am one of those "all the pieces of the toy need to be put back with that toy" cleaners. Forget that with Macey as she has stashed random pieces of toys in bags, shelves, in her room, under her bed, in her closet, in another toy. I let it slide and then I go on "toy piece" finding mission and get it back in order. Only to have it back in disorder in less than 30 seconds. Oh well. She's having fun!
Miles is all boy. He thinks he's a little funny dude too. He's always been one to crack up easily. I remember when he was just a baby (around 8 months or younger) and I would read a book and make the animal noises he would just crack up laughing. He likes to try to goat his sisters into his silly games, and he's usually pretty successful. He's definitely got a kind soul though. He's given up his special treat (food allergies) to his sister because she was having a fit over not getting any. He generally will share his things easily with others. Makes me proud to be his momma. He LOVES basketball. He's left handed and a strong little dude. He makes me play with him every day. He still sucks 2 fingers on his left hand, Lord help us as it's going to be fun to break him of that habit.
Camryn is my over the top drama/emotional/high energy kiddo. She is a screamer....loud screamer, ear piercing screamer. I think I see acting in her future! She keeps me on my toes. She is constantly getting into something. Lotion/soaps, spices and lipstick are her favorite things to get into. But generally if it's within reach or even out of reach, she will get into it. And child locks are fodder for her. She's figured those out. She's even opened the "child proof" medicine tops and took a swig out of the infant motrin (poison control was called, she was fine). But on the flip side she can be the sweetest, cuddliest kid; giving the sweetest kisses and hugs.
Mackinley is growing too fast. She thinks she's a big as her siblings. She takes the "abuse" her siblings give her in stride. I think sometimes she likes it when they hold her upright and make her walk. They have wrestled with her, pushed her down, stepped on her, fell on her, dragged her by her feet and arms, picked her up by her arms. Wow, no one call CPS. She's not been injured by any of this (well we'll ignore any mental harm for now...lol). Luckily we catch them before any harm is done and they are generally gentle with her. She's cruising all over the place now and standing alone (at 9 months old). I'm hoping I don't see any first steps until closer to her 1st birthday (or even after). She's suppose to the baby much longer than she's allowing! She gives me a big smile when I get home, followed by crying if I don't pick her up fast enough. She's given us the most trouble with eating. She refused to take a bottle for the longest time. She was doing well for a while, but now she's back to only taking a little bit while I'm away. I guess she's a little stubborn. Or just knows what she wants....either way, she's made her point. She may be small...
Sean and I hit the 5 year mark in our marriage this year. 5 crazy, hectic years. I wouldn't trade any of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment