Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a week...

What have we been up to? Hmm, this week hasn't been the best week. Miles started running a fever last Saturday evening. He really only had a fever, until Monday when he developed a cough. We took him in on Tuesday and they tested for and ruled out pneumonia. He was prescribed an oral steroid and we were told to increase his inhaler usage. Back up a few months, Miles was having a hard time breathing, no fever, just wheezing and shortness of breath. I took him to his allergist and he gave him an inhaler. I suspect we are going down the road to asthma, but they typically do not diagnose this early, or at least his allergist doesn't. I think given his track record he'll be more susceptible for viruses to settle into his lungs. Miles's fever finally broke today. However, Macey and Camryn both started running a fever early Wednesday and continue to run a fever. They don't have any other symptoms yet and hopefully they won't develop any congestion in their lungs!

Miles got retested for his food allergies last Friday (he'll be tested annually to see if any of them are falling off the allergy spectrum). We got the results today and he still has the same allergies and the levels have actually elevated from last year's test. So not falling off, instead they are going the other way. I hope this isn't an indication that he won't grow out of these, but if it is we'll keep dealing with it.

Baby #4 seems to be doing well. I'm 30+ weeks along, it's going by fast. I forget how much the tiredness sets back in the 3rd trimester. As uncomfortable and draining it was to carry twins, one thing that was good about it was that there wasn't much room for them to do as many ninja-type kicks. This baby has reminded me just how much room there is to thrash around in. But I think the twins pregnancy was much more painful than either of the singletons.

No comments: