Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Miles!

Dear Miles,

It has been truly an amazing first year with you, BBA (Baby Boy A). You have brought so much joy, entertainment and love to our home.

Where to begin. You gave us a little scare before you were born with having such a high heart rate, but I'm thinking you were just getting so excited about getting to meet the rest of your family that you couldn't contain it. Thankfully you calmed down and you and your sister were able to grow some more before making your entrance. You've continued to add spice to our lives.

Despite your struggles with food allergies, you are such an animated, spirited little fellow. You speak with inflection and tone. Although many times you are saying gibberish, we completely understand what you are saying as your expressions and body language say it all. Just remember, inside voice is a good thing. The girls won't want to play with you if you stick with such a loud squeal. And if you could remember that Mommy may want some of her friends to watch you sometimes and your demanding tone can make finding a babysitter a bit harder, or um is that your plan? You also love to mimic what we are saying. Some of the things you say are hey, boo, yes, daddy, ball, bye, sister, bath, un uh, uh oh...just to name a few.

You wake up in the morning ready to tackle the day. We can hear you talking as soon as you open your eyes and when we go get you out of the crib you greet us with such a squeal. It makes us smile every time. "Good morning world, I'm up and excited about the day!" That's what I imagine you are thinking each morning. I wish I had your zest!

You are such a jovial little guy. When you first started crawling you would just laugh and giggle with each motion. You were so happy to be moving around I guess. You laugh when we are being silly, you laugh when Macey "plays" tackle with you, you laugh with Camryn when you are having your "twin" conversations... It brings a smile to my face just thinking of how you laugh and how easily you laugh.


You certainly do love hanging out with me a lot. I like hanging out with you too. One request though. When Mommy's trying to make your dinner, it makes it much harder to do that if you just want to hang out around my legs (i.e. holding onto them and wanting me to walk around while you hold onto my legs). I understand that it very fun to do and that you sometimes just want to tell me to hurry up, but it does slow Mommy down a bit. As much as I want to spend every minute hanging out with you and your sisters, I hope you understand that I'm just trying to make your dinner.

Some of the things you are doing at 1 year old:

  1. Taking steps; not proficient at walking yet though
  2. Sucking 2 fingers on your left hand
  3. Waving
  4. Climbing
  5. Throwing
  6. Banging toys
  7. Playing peek a boo
  8. Giving kisses
  9. Fighting with your sisters (i.e. taking toys away or having toys taken away)
  10. Playing cars

We love you so much and can't wait to see what else we get to share with you. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!


Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Joy said...

That year seems to have gone fast. Congratulations to Mom & Dad for having 1 year old twins!!! My cousin swears at 14 months it starts getting easier...we shall see. Your kids are so precious; I love your letters and the pictures. We are counting down for our little one, and I'm sad that time goes so very fast. These years are so fleeting...