Finally, I have been able to "hijack" the blog!
(*what do I say? How do I phrase it?...awh, just do it!) - Here goes nothing:
I have a VERY good understanding of what "stay at home" mom means now; exactly who do I now turn this distinction over to? - WOW! That word is now a noun, a verb, an adjective, an interjection, and a gerund... yes, I know gerunds usually end in - ing, but that's the beauty of the "stay at home" situation - now being referred to as S.A.H. (sey) - WOWING is a word in this house! Trust me when mom is at work... lol... lets just say that I could come up with a 20K word count dissertation on just that word alone.
Now to the good stuff - I did not know how much "good stuff" that I would miss out on being a "dad." Project S.A.H. has helped me to get a bond with my kids that I have never experienced, nor did I know that it existed; general tasking even takes on a whole new meaning as well. We have our up and down moments, but it's like Austin weather... give it a couple of minutes and it's back to beautiful ol Austin, TX. I believe (perception is relative) that both, the kids and I have grown from this opportunity - so if my kids are not potty trained until their 8 yrs old or don't know how to walk til they are 4, that's on tha momma - but when they are able to cook at age 3, mow the lawn at age 6, and vacuum the house next week.... well, I won't claim too much of the credit, I will just say "S.A.H."
1 comment:
I love it, Sean. Good for you! There's nothing like a daddy/daughter/son bond. You are a great dad!
Post a Comment