We're still struggling with colds/sinus/whatever you wanna call it. I've pretty much lost my voice, my throat feels like it's been hit by a train and I have congestion as well. Sean's got a nasty cough and congestion. Macey's got the runny nose, cough at night and when she runs around and gets "heated". The babies have a cough and congestion. I tried to lay Miles down in his car seat tonight, but he wasn't having it. He was tired of sleeping by himself. Every time I laid him down he'd wake up. I tried to see if he'd just go back to sleep, but no such luck. So I moved Camryn out of her car seat and laid them down together. So far so good. I should've known he wasn't going to sleep by himself tonight because he wouldn't do it after the night feedings (insert he slept with me instead) last night.
Miles's rash kept getting worse and worse so I called his pediatrician back to see what she had diagnosed. And lo and behold she did diagnose eczema. What frustrated me is that eczema is an intake or contact allergy and she wasn't going to try to troubleshoot to see what was causing it, instead she just prescribed a higher dosage of hydrocortisone cream. There are side affects to prolonged/continued use of that cream. So since I had a milk allergy as an infant I removed diary from his and my diet and see how he does. Today was the first day. Here is a picture of my baby with the horrible rash. It's all over him...his arms, legs, stomach, a little on his back and it itches as he scratches at it a LOT.
1 comment:
OUCHIE! That looks awful. I hope you guys feel better soon. I know a great place with homemade lotion/bath salt/soap products that have made my niece's dry skin (I can't spell the real word) more bearable. If you're interested, email me.
Post a Comment